Friday, July 10, 2015

white power

But is this necessary? This is the first time I've seen this and cannot comment on the vicious attacks since I haven't seen them, but I have to ask at what point has being 'straight' been such a focal point of oppression that it requires someone to stand up in defiance and claim to be proud of it.
Is it a cry against oppression or a statement against the stature of another group that has made some gain that threatens your stature.
Are statements of 'white pride' just about declaring feeling of self-worth or about making a statement in defiance of some social economic gains of a minority, or oppressed group.
Cries for Gay Pride, Black Pride, etc., are not slogans for the oppression of whites or straights or other groups, but for the declaration of equal rights and equal recognition.

No comments:

Post a Comment